--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Pitzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It's not "Obama's Acorn".
> It's simply Acorn, and the facts being put out by Fox news are just
plain BS.
> The era of 24/7 news outlets is doing more to hurt this country, if
not world, then help it.

Internet sites are no help either.

My daughter has a media class in college. She has to do a research
report on a "successful" website (other then the typical amazon,
yahoo etc...".

She picked RentLaw.com. Asked me if she could and I asked her how the
teacher defined successful?

So I kicked off her research on google - but the teacher wanted to
know who was actaully writing about RentLaw.com (or whatever site).

Then I explained to her about "trusted sites".

What is a trusted site or media outlet?

In the old days, we would reply the New York Times, Newsweek, WSJ etc.
CSB, NBC and ABC take your pick.

TODAY the "trusted" media is completely different.

TV: (TVGUY could add here) - ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, CNBC, BBC and Comedy
Central (some people like their news the best...)

PRINT: Endless publications that come and go based on how it's
funded. Newsweek, businessweek, Bloomberg, Forbes etc. Are
some "publications" whims of the wealthy publishers to preach their
views of the world....?

Internet: A dream come true for everyone with a view and access to a
computer and basically zero writing skills or real knowledge of the
facts. Websites, blogs and Internet groups like this one. We are FREE
to express are sometimes insane views as fact and others actaully
respond, fueling the fire. And the net enables everyone with a view,
a hobby, a camera, a song or sextape to stick it online (publish) for
nothing.

Technology means we need to be better educated to sort through it all
and make decisions based on tons more information - good and bad.

SO back to a trusted site(s).

In doing a search for RentLaw.com on Google's Book search, there are
now a number of publications and writers who wrote a BOOK and
referenced RentLaw.com without probably doing much research on the
credibility of the site. Is the information correct? Who writes it
and edits it? Where is this info coming from?

Same for the syndicated news articles that mention it. Same for a
couple radio shows. Today, ANYONE can get a press release published
on the Internet for pennies, target thousands of people in minutes
and direct people to an Internet site that a majority of people will
take for FACT.

Take a look at GOOGLE AD running for theasburyparkboardwalk.com  with
the tag "The Official site of the...."

vs the "unofficial site" asburyboardwalk.com

Should I be crying?