--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Rock Musician <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dig deeper into it than common sense.

I don't know what you mean by this, but the point I am trying to bring
to light, not because its mine, but others' far more intelligent than
me, is that "common sense" is not so "common".

we don't see things we don't want to see. research bears this out,
shit, just looking around bears this out. this election season, it
seems pretty clear that the republicans desperate to hang on to what
their party was in the past can't see what more rational thinkers can,
thank God...like the Financial Times, the at least 26 papers that
endorsed Bush and are now endorsing Obama, the many military leaders
that are hoping for something better, Powell etc.

As I posted on the politics site, this could be a complete switch
around in a different election and has been. It really has nothing to
do with dems or republicans.

We need to take some serious time looking into why we do the things we
do, why we react to certain stimulus and how we can become more
autonomous and rational in our decision making and in our thinking.

AND, we need to understand that we are manipulated by politicians,
media and pretty much anyone else who thinks they have something to
gain from out attention. We are manipulated by the most basic
instincts. Fear, Sex, Hunger etc. Both sides are doing it. More
obvious this time is the repubs.  Fear (a great one to help the
military industrial complex) Sex..if you think sara winking was
meaningless you probably thinks shes hot.