Thanks Denise!  Couldn't have said it better!  I came up in an area,
that prided itself on their son, if no one named after them!  A son to
a man in New Orleans is a continuation of one's self, pride, ego,
whatever you want to call it.  Being Roman Catholic didn't help
either.  I would have been thought to be insane, had I named my kids
anything, other than what I named them.  My son is a Junior out of ego
then pride!  My upbringing was post WW2, traditional Catholic, Latin
speaking, Catholic schools, the whole 9!  Too many eyes, reporting my
every move, browbeat me into a submission, you can't believe, which is
why I said, "screw college" and had a "white" wedding that lasted 5
minutes!

For me, higher Ed and a living standard that not only I grew up in,
but a more liberal upbringing for my kids because lets face it,
grownups are "flawed"!  I wanted my kids, born in the mid 60's to
experience the freedom, I never had; as a female or growing up Black!

My kids went to public schools, attended CCD classes until high school
graduation, played in Asbury Park at that damned Palace and boardwalk
that drained my pockets, but what happy kids they were!  The reward
is, I had a 2nd childhood, gathered the neighborhood to me and loved
other peoples children as though they were my own!  I can't believe
what happy adults they are, but like everything, happiness is relative!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, denise <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Good Morning Tommy I know you were addressing Sharon, but I thought
I jump in and give my two cents.