first of all, i'd like an example of my drivel?

second of all, i was referring to your judgement of an entire town by
what is posted by 15 people on an internet message board.

Third, i have been an advocate of not having political discussions on
this board.

Fourth, and this one is important - Memorial day for completion was
never a possibility.  We all knew that and discussed it when that was
announced during the winter.  It was physically impossible to
complete in that timeframe.  It was done to create a buzz about the
town to outsiders and to force the hand of the local government to
act in a business like fashion and not a political fashion (I'm not
sure if you know about the 100k dollars Madison marquette had in
escrow to expedite meetings, decisions, approvals etc.. that the town
would have to deal with due to overtime to town employees).  It was
probably also done so that everyone was aware of how fast the
developers wanted to move and they wouldn't tolerate "the kickbacks"
and under the table payments that have gone on in this town and
others in Jersey for generations.

I was not lied to by Madison Marquette, they spent a boatload of
money this summer to make things better.  I am not going to be a
maniac over a date that was meant to spark enthusiasm and get the
wheels in motion.

We also live in a town that has drugs and gangs, so much for your
fantasyland.  We came here to hopefully be a part of something that
improves.  Why don't you do the same or go spread your cheer in
another town.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "New Beetoap" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> What is wrong with you ? I did go downtown, I did shop, I did enjoy
the boards and
> beach. I had a good time, I told you (all) that previously.
>
> None of that good experience has anything to do with my
observations that AP just did
> not live up to advertised expectations. Is that not clear??
>
> The media reported that the beach would be finished by Memorial
day - That was what
> the developer himself said. I didn't make the promise. I asume from
your past posts that
> you are a local. Doesn't it concern you that you are being lied to?
Doesn't it concern you
> that visitors come and go somewhat surprised and disappointed with
the lack of
> completion ?
>
> What is wrong with you that you write such unrelated and
nonsensical drivel? The
> developer made promises, the media and town made promises, I know
what i hear, see
> and read. Seems that you (all) live in a fantasy land where nothing
can be amiss.

> And, yes this board is a reflection of the people is town. I bet
most of the regulars who
> post are closely related to AP happenings. Too close to the fire I
guess to be open
> minded to outsiders observations.
>

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "dsher4" <dsher4@> wrote:
> >
> > Hey New Bee,  YOU WAKE UP
> >
> > If you think that you can judge the character of a place or its
> > people by what is typed on a board, you are dillusional.  Go hang
> > out downtown and get a bite to eat at some of the nice
restaurants