Since you asked:

As far as Columbus Day goes, I have attended several since moving to the
area (from Pittsburgh PA via Daytona Beach FL were Columbus Day is not big
thing in these areas as they are here in the NY and NY area) and have found
the celebration of Columbus landing of great interest!  Have learned a
number of things from the presentations, like how bad a guy he was, but
overall he played a MAJOR roll in what we have here in Asbury Park.  A great
place to live, work and play.

The celebration draw a good number of people this year, with so much going
on the boardwalk that day .. But was missing from Columbus Day event were
the young Indians!

Because of the wide culture makeup of Asbury Park, "Holiday Season" works
for me,  it includes Yule, Hanukkah and Boxing Day, to name a few of the
events the term covers.

"Holiday season" includes those who do not celebrate Christmas in an
end-year festive spirit and gives us religious neutrality.

Michael