Until the crime goes down in AP, I say Light Up the City! I know
when I park in the lots; I try and park under the brightest light.
Bright lights make me feel safe when I can see who/what is lurking
around. Werner you can say all evidence points to this not being
true, but it is how I feel. I avoid parking on dark streets. Asbury
just isn't there yet to dim the lights. And trust me I like dim
lights; I tried getting a dimmer for my fridge once. However, the
Berkley one is crazy. When I saw that thing lit up, I walked down to
the beach to see what was going on. Maybe it's another marketing
ploy to get people to the beachfront?

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Pitzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> How about the absurd amount of electricity the city is using while
lighting areas that aren't
> in use?
>
> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "rzick1" <rzick1@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <wernerapnj@>
wrote:

> > > Mr. Right makes the query of lighting. Clearly a word play in
an
> > > attempt to belittle a serious topic that effects Asbury Park.
> > >
> > > I have refrained from discussions since they appear to be
fruitless
> > > the past several weeks, however, I will take this bait and
trolling
> > > tactic.
> > >
> > > Most recently the Berkeley Hotel installed a flood light on
top of its
> > > SE wing which is the latest example of excess. This particular
fixture
> > > glares all the way to Grand Avenue and beyond.
> > >
> > > It is visible from Main Street which is approximately a half
mile away.

> > > This latest affront to proper design adds to the already
established
> > > industrial ambiance apparently so desired by our conscientious
developers.

> > > Glare, energy waste, dark-sky degradation, over lighting,
> > > aesthetics... all legitimate concerns that receive no
attention and
> > > spiral out of control. I've about given up hope that the
obvious
> > > negative impacts will ever be acknowledged.
> > >
> > > Asbury Park would be a better place if attention to all
aspects of
> > > design and development were considered. Instead contentment is
found
> > > in making 'light' of the subject and berating the messenger.

> > Werner,
> > I couldn't agree with you more about the light pollution from
the Berkeley.

> > I live on the block North of the Berkeley on Sixth Avenue (North
Beach).  A few months
> > ago, they installed industrial lighting on the North side of the
hotel which shines
> directly
> > into my bedroom windows.  I've contacted and spoke with Bill
Gray and Angel Milette in