--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Gabrielle Obre"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> butting in...they would flip!

Exactly Gabbi.

Now consider this is exactly what the the City of Asbury Park has
done to Christians these past two years.

It is not a hypothetical or an academic question.  It really
happened, and is happening again.

It's very hurtful, bigotry is.

Were it to happen to another group in Asbury Park, the outrage would
be rather unified.  I'd be leading it.

There is an acute betrayal I feel, after having supported the goals
of groups in this City to whom I don't belong to, both financially
and in print, to have those same people insult who I am based upon my
nationality, heritage, religion and culture.

Asbury Park will get no moniker of tolerance and diversity from me.

> Back to Jennifer's suggestion that Kwanzaa could be a big AP event
> that draws people here...my inner capitalist finds it delightful
>that
> the materialist bonanza that occurs during Kwanzaa time would be
> wonderful for AP's economics.

Absolutely.  Imagine if Asbury Park did that with every cultural
celebration throughout the year - including Christmas.