People do love to hate you Tommy, but I think you like it too.  simple
questions would have avoided the banter, which was pretty funny and
gave me a great belly laugh.

I think it would have been more fair for you to address the entire
council on this at a meeting. You'd never see any of the other
councilmen responding here. Keady is no messiah to me, but his
continuous efforts at outreach and his attention to transparency are
precisely what governments need. As well as the citizens to pay attention.

For those of you who love to hate Tommy, and I admit he is a baiter,
Tommy is not way off in this if in fact the word Christmas has been
somehow banned from city usage. Jews would flip, African Americans
would flip and Gay people would flip. PC paranoia can make people lean
toward fascism just as the right does. Watch that the oppressee in you
is not becoming the oppressor. Get over your tribal self.

If you have questioned Columbus day you must tolerate questions of
Kwanzaa. Did that guy really do that? I will look it up. If anyone
knows this to be untrue please speak.

Tommy, human beings are violent creatures. We are getting better all
the time and there is no need to deny colonization was ugly. You can
still celebrate America and tell a little more of the truth about it.
I know it has ugliness AND beauty, just like everyone of us.

Jim's suggestion for going over items line by line would, I think
force all this energy into something more productive and free from
personalizing (which should be called ego baiting). Probably be
interesting as well. That way we could actually know what is being
spent on these events, if anything.

I really did enjoy reading this thread.  Tommy and Jim's intelligence
and frat boy spats, the gang up on Tommy, Franks funny visuals,
Sharon's description of Kwanzaa made me teary, Oakdorf's hilarious
interjections and the grunts from jersy john, mike and jack..BTW Jack,
Tommy got you on that. Really funny. Much better than anyone else's story.

I need to express my genuine affection and gratitude for this
community and it is the thankful season. So thank you!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Mike Hemeon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It is my culture too. It was probably more the booze than Christianity.

City Budget