--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "rzick1" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Werner,
> I couldn't agree with you more about the light pollution from the
Berkeley.

> I live on the block North of the Berkeley on Sixth Avenue (North
Beach).  A few months
> ago, they installed industrial lighting on the North side of the
hotel which shines directly
> into my bedroom windows.  I've contacted and spoke with Bill Gray
and Angel Milette in
> code enforcement and Barbara Van Wagner in Planning/Zoning for the
City.  The light
> continues to shine in my windows.
>
> Any thoughts on how I can get the lights turned off?
> Many thanks,
> Bob

I'm familiar with that one also and am glad you raised the issue.

The primary problem is that there is no specific Lighting Code or
Ordinance to address the issue.

If City employees are not responsive or unable to address the issue
one must rely on the 'nuisance ordinance' and actually file a
complaint in Court.

In the long term we must encourage the City to adopt a Uniform
Lighting Standards Ordinance. Preferably one that is retroactive and
compels the removal of non-compliant fixtures.

Werner