In a message dated 11/20/2008 3:18:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Sometimes the courts go beyond fair and reasonable.

========================

>From Above the Law dot com  (This site provides news and gossip about  the
profession’s most colorful personalities and powerful institutions, as well  as
original commentary on breaking legal developments.):  "Of course, the  state
isn't forcing eHarmony to do any of this. Ah, the beauty of  settlements:
better informed than voters, less annoying than judges."
=======================
>From what I can gather:  Since eHarmony disassociated itself from  James
Dobson's "Focus on the Family" a while ago, they decided on the settlement
rather
than testing in the courts.

They weren't forced.  Looks like they just made a pragmatic  choice.

Founder Neil Warren has wanted to broaden his company's commercial appeal
and grow out of the conservative community in which it started.  He's been
reconsidering since 2005.   In the meantime, he said, "We have to  get real
civil
with one another."
http://dir.salon.com/story/mwt/feature/2005/06/10/warren/