--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer" <jennifern...@...> wrote:

as always, thanks for well tought response. Interesting they were
going to even have showers for their employees. Imagine if they had
showers to change on the boardwalk....

lots of interesting demo's about the retirement communities,
especially the villages. It's the largest residential community built
in the US. about 99% white. They targeted (at least originally) the
midwest - miss etc, then upstate ny, maine etc. You either love that
life or hate it. My daigheter called it the stepford wives or some
other teen series where you come in in ugly ville, then move on to
pretty ville etc (I forgot the series,,,).

There's lots of "communities" like that - you come in, buy a small
condo either as a single or new couple, move on to the next size, then
the next, then the retirement home, assisted living, full nursing
care, hospice, then your final resting place. Not for me either.

Excellent marketing.