Hi guys and gals -
I've got my notes and recordings from this week's council meeting up on
www.asburyradio.com now. I think the recordings start after the annual
new year appointments and reappointments. If I so and I can get them
from clerk Steve Clerk, I'll post them.
There's a lot of discussion devoted to the ordinance implementing the 5-
year tax abatement. Now that I've had a chance to read the ordinance,
it certainly says it supercedes all other such exemptions. I'd
interpreted Reidy's explanation as meaning that this was for
individuals who'd fixed up their homes, so they wouldn't get wacked
with a tax hike right away. But the ordinance states that it applies to
industrial and commercial projects, too.
Maybe Jim is familiar with this one.
You can also hear City Attorney Tom Hastie's explanation very clearly
on the recordings. See what you think.
Thanks for checking it out!
Maureen