Ok, I'll bite.

Yes, tenants are "scoring". Even if you aren't a section 8 tenant (or one who
receives housing voucher), in many parts of the country today (even at North
Beach), renting in many cases is betrer then buying.

Look at this way - regardless of the National Association of Realtors or other
agents - it still may not be "the time to buy". Rent. check it out, check out
the neighbors, the town etc and all along pocket maybe half or more the costs
vs having to pay insurance, mortgage taxes etc.

Back to section 8, what the govt should do instead of dishing out funds hand
over foot is to enable more of the recipients to become home owners and  -
after all, "now is the time buy" that is giver them the opportunity to take the
responsbility to own, work for (give jobs to) that home.

We are working on a story for rentlaw.com: First Time Home Buyer  vs the
Investor - so who's moving in?

In today's depressed markets  - especially hard hit areas, once again single
investors or investor syndicates are snatching up single family homes and
condos one step ahead of those eligible first time home buyers (you know, that
nice couple from down the road or a single person).

And why not? Look at the numbers in Dan's story. In certain parts of the
country, an investor can pickup a single family home and turn it into a rental
- right next to your owner occuppied home that you worked so hard for and for
that matter, may be "underwater" - but continue to haul your ass off to work
for, maybe your wife and you controlled your family size given your situation.
sometimes, people understand that to get that bigger house, you need more kids.
I think in my college stat class (3 times to pass it), I recall the Bell Curve.

Others know to get that bigger house and responsibility, you have to work and
earn it - or keep that smaller house and get a vojuple bunk beds. Your bathroom
tile maybe worn and you have to join the local community pool vs falling off
your deck into your pool that you have to fill, heat and maintain - but who is
apying that bill?

It's the system. The system pays "market rate" for housing.

The simpliest way to solve this and end this cycle of monthly payments - buy
them the house and figure out how to ahve it worked off. Waht, you don't want
to give back? Next.

But who am I to really complain?

I am a section 8 landlord.

I just wish my property taxes were lower, my houses newer and my tenants mowed
their lawn or would take the garbage cans in.

Maybe it's time to head to Vegas....Vegas here I come. Maybe I'll invite my
tenants with me.

And many recipients receive more then 50% of the rent - here its more like 75%
to 90%.

Depends on their situation.

That's life. Work hard and be happy with what you have. You never know.