You're screwed. I've been telling you that for years.

The free ride sooner or later has to wind down. You have to pay your own way.

The $11 million was just another gift to hide the financial disaster hiding
behind years and years of "will be covered in next years budget".

That's why when I see people putting money in the meters AFTER NINE PM, I keep
my mouth shut. I figure they should pay. Why not?

You know have over $100 million give by the state to run one little city.

If you use the 17,000 census number always used in AP (is it?) that's $6,000
per PERSON in AID. Oh, add to that all the other social programs...

In reality, the city is bankrupt.

In the accounting world, the city is in great shape and can just issue more
debt - that a greater fool will someday have to pay.

That's how it works.