Thanks for the reply.

So, there is no safety valve in the contracts? That would be a huge oversight
on the part of the town since they are supposed to be looking out for the
publics interests. Sorry to hear that...

The 'good stuff' you mention, while nice, is really not what I was asking
about. The purpose of handing over redevelopment rights is that actual
construction take place in a timely manner to create tax revenue and economic
sustainability. The struggling folks you cite are struggling in large part from
lack of development.

OK - 'Industrial park' was a bit harsh - not baiting, however the area shows
very little thought to commonly accepted design practices. The lighting is
horrible, nicely implemented fixtures mixed with floodlights, that belong in an
industrial park. Uncontrolled glare is everywhere. I saw lots filled with
construction materials in prime locations, broken fences, torn up sidewalks.
And that abandoned foundation certainly makes a statement.....along with the
merry go round building.

Just so you know I have enjoyed myself at the various venues, but that's not
what redevelopment is all about. Having fun does not indicate a success in
redevelopment.

What is the net change in tax revenue from hard assets compared to say 5 years
ago? Offset that with the increased cost of government and where is AP? As I
read it there was to be $1B in investment by now along the beachfront alone.

Numerous complaints have been publicized from residents of the westside
regarding mountains of dirt, construction materials, impeding access to
businesses. The area is described as a 'redevelopment zone'. It's not being
bulldozed over? What are the boundaries of that zone?

What I would like to find out specifically is what is the status of the
beachfront? It's reported that there is a default/bankruptcy involved.