> Oakdorf's comment about measuring success by his kids having jobs and reading
> history books is laughable. If that's the majority opinion AP is doomed.
> What's the anticipated tax rate when the State stops funding the deficit?

Laugh all you want.

They work in the city. Their friends work in the city. Their friends live in
the city. Their friends SPEND MONEY in the city (more then they earn...).

I spend money in the city. I spend money watching my kids earn their money
sometimes...

I took a couple friends out other night - to AP. We went to Taka. Only my
second time there ( I have to admit, I have another sushi place I frequent). We
had fun there. I spent money there. We parked in the free parking.

We waited for an hour for our table -  by spending money at rafferty's.

Oh, I point this out because at 7 pm on a saturday night in downtown AP,
apparently lots of other people were spending money in AP-  eating drinking and
I guess having fun and still saying loudly - "I can't believe all the
people...someday..."

I know it was a saturday night and the rest of the week might be dead - but
there were lots of people from all walks of life in AP pissing away cash.

For some measure, I'd call that progress-  like it or not. That wasn't
happening 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 or even 30 years ago.

Income from parking meters. Income from beach revenues.

Or you may say something like after getting ------ for years a baby is born and
you give it life-  feed it, raise it  and nuture it until it matures.

And yea I told my kids to read. Read a history book. Maybe Helen owes my kid a
few $ for every customer she told to pick up a copy of Helen's book.

I have to go cook now. It's that time.