It's amazing to me that so many people these days are anti-government, but when
it doesn't work for them personally, it's the first thing they blame for their
troubles.
If you aren't happy, run for city office and try and make a difference. I think
about it all the time. Maybe it's an eye opening experience about the reality
of our city. Maybe not. But honestly, the amount of bitching about this
snowstorm is ridiculous. It will be past history in a few days. Not life
changing for a vast majority of us. If anything, it should be life changing in
the way that it should teach each and every one of us to be prepared. If you
have plenty of food and water, then unless it's life or death you should stay
home, not drive, and let the streets be cleaned ASAP.
But no, people don't prepare, they try and drive, get stuck, and block
progress. Right now, there's a taxi stuck on Main St. in AP, right in the
middle of the street, for at least the past 12 hours. Who's fault is that?
Sometimes, people just need to be patient and stay home. Yes, your job might
not be happy with that, but realistically speaking, what's more important, your
job, your safety, or  being part of a bigger picture where people think about
"we" instead of "me"?