--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Teddi" <Teddysea@...> wrote:

> Odds, against City (I'm not being negative, just the facts).

I am not a gambler. I suspect if City wins iStar will appeal in any event.
Still, City was right to litigate and to continue to do so.

>Precedent, if
> history repeats a shyster will appear and the City will make a deal that
> sounds
> perfect. The deal will take iStar out, put the new developer in and the City
> will write a new contract with the new developer that will give rights all the
> way to the edge of the water including all the shells on the beach. Timeframe,
> who knows, 1-20.

Don't think so this time.

> Actually what I have been saying all along is that if we are going to fight,
> lets get the whole thing declared invalid. I don't believe we have had a
> contract that fulfills the requirements of the original blight and plan since
> Carabetta went out. We should fight to get back to square one, then rebid the
> development using the original plan (revised to today's standards) which
> offered
> individual parcels or blocks to be developed by different developers.

I think that is exactly what is being done. But you understand you cannot get
the property back that Partners (iStar) already owns unless you buy it or
condemn it. It theirs (including pavilions) and the WRA being effective or not
does not change that.