and maybe if these children were in a different district, surrounded by
achievement as the majority and apathy as the minority they might raise their
level of performance.  As humans sometimes we get lazy and take the easy way
out only competing to the lowest common denominator.  Save the money, put the
kids in a position to succeed by showing them what success looks like.  Lord
knows they don't have that role model in Asbury.