A guy in Ocean Twp had his yard sale this am.

Of all the crap he had for sale, there was a big dumpster. So i stick my nose
in and came up with a box filled of Asbury PArk Sunday Evening Press and other
AP related goodies - scrapbook from AP HIGH 1950's with a couple varsity "A"
etc., class schedules (including Latin...)

So some things, like I always say about AP, will always remain the same. They
have since AP was formed.

PRESS HEADLINES FOR THAT DAY IN 1958(spooky)

1. Asbury Park Cop arrested for stealing from parking meters... (true). At the
hearing, he was accused of taking "extra" keys, then pressuring other meter
collectors to kick bck to him, followed them and had his money box "making $200
per day" (in 1958).

2. Board of Education insurance company drops insurance company (too many
breakins in city schools)

3. Board of Ed bickering....

4. Taxes. School Board having to raise city taxes to pay for schools and hiring
away (vice president of attendance and control etc)..

I'll get around to scanning these on adding them to asburyboardwalk.com .