--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Hinge" <hinge98@...> wrote:

> They saw the neighbor and asked  for info, and the guy outright lied to this
> family and told them it was already rented...<<

It happens everyday, everywhere. Wrong, yes.

It happens to landlords as well. When your neighbor tells you "better not rent
to....."

Or when some official in your own town kind of tells you the same thing.

In the end, most single family property owners don't want a rental living next
to them. In the end, it may impact the value of your home. In theory, the more
rentals, the less the houses are maintained, the more vacancy etc.

And it's accurate. As a landlord I tend to put less effort into the care of my
rentals - but I am making an effort to change that.