Who cares if people bitch about checking for bike registrations? I paid to get
a dog license. It was a mere $7. You could do bike registrations for $2. If all
the bad guys riding around this city on stolen bikes had to prove their
ownership then they'd probably think twice about stealing them in the first
place. I think the general AP public has know idea about what a huge market AP
has in stolen bikes, and this is being done by both kids and adults.