If you want to find the real potential racists, I think you need to head over
to the APP.com article comment sections.  There you can read between the lines
and find some thinly veiled racism, as well as out right ignorance.  I would
focus my energy there, or, maybe not.  It depends on how much you like going in
circles with idiots.  Anyway, Asbury Park probably has plenty of white liberal
"creative types" that are out of touch with the rest of the town (and could
maybe care less), but the people in this group seem to be quite concerned with
the town as a whole, not just the boardwalk, etc.  I always wish there was more
good I could do.  For one, I think that there should be many community gardens
throughout the town that the people could take control of.