--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Hinge" <hinge98@...> wrote:

> As for #1 - it started with Reidy making a statement about Rita making false
> and disrespectful statements about the council thru letters to the editor at
> The Coaster. She than took her 3 minutes at the mic to call council members
> liars and confront the mayor about the cost of his health insurance plan. It
> was pretty tense and awkward. Every time she's spoken at a council meeting
> she seems like the most miserable person in AP.

I don't know about the statements she may or may not have made. I like Rita and
she has been a vocal critic of the city for years, much of which I supported.
But after a while it becomes the same old story, same old bitching. Health
insurance, etc. Its time to move on. There's not a lot of glory or recompense
in being a council member or mayor in Asbury. I think you need your head
examined actually to run for it because you are damned if you do and damned if
you don't. A lot of times you have to make tough decisions that you don't even
like. But a lot of the complaining is the same old thing. Petty. There is no
magic wand to cure our ills.