Are you cutting out some jobs as well then or reallocating their time.

I grew up on the lake.

You gonna tell me it cost $115,000 per year to maintain a field?

Well gasket blown cause I spent two days playing plumber for simple washing
machine hookup...

Ok, I'll go with your savings plan.

I found this rather quickly on the net....in Florida.

""""""

Despite a high initial cost, the new fields installed by FieldTurf Tarkett have
a fraction of the maintenance costs related to natural grass. A study done by
the FieldTurf company estimates a savings of $47,500 a year using its synthetic
turf.

While grass fields require mowing, watering, fertilizing and painting,
FieldTurf only requires that the polyethylene grass fibers and sand and rubber
infill be groomed every couple of weeks with a large, rake-like brush.

Russell Clukey, the school district's executive director of support services,
said he expects to save $10,000 a year in maintenance costs per field. That is
money that would come out of operational funds, further stretching the
district's already tight budget.

So far, the fields have saved even more money than anticipated.

"We had budgeted $5,000 a year in maintenance," Clukey said. "It probably cost
less than $2,000."

Barron Collier football coach Mark Ivey previously served as athletic director
at Cypress Lake. In his time at his former job, Ivey said the school spent more
than $30,000 a year on paint for the football field. The new synthetic turf
fields are permanently marked and require no additional paint or chalk for the
yard lines.