the value of an empty street.

Dan can put numbers as that is his profession.

But if own a building or have a business or are considering a business in the
immediate area, you just might want figure out where people will park if you
want them walking in your door - if you need that kind of traffic or are
concerned about your employees.

Let's take another example from the real world.

I do alot of medical offices in NJ and PA for a Dr. Matter of fact, I did about
32 so far. Many of these are old free standing buildings.

Usually we have to go to planning boards and zoning. The problems are usually
PARKING. What most towns do is make you follow the local code. Most towns for
medical use you need 5 cars per 1,000 sq ft. That's 10 to 15 spots we have to
provide as we do buildings 2,000 sq ft and up but we usually double that, for
employees and the volume of the practice.

What we discovered is that's its much easier to buy existing buildings with
large lots. Even then it's a pain. so we now have around 10 former banks that
are or have been converted to medical.

With parking lots come maintenance, snow removal, insurance etc. All those
costs the city in effect picks up. If you are a tenant in a building with a
parking lot, you usually contribute towards those costs. It's a trade-off. the
city maintains your street.

Before you go into business in an urban area like ap with limited parking, do
your homework. Will I go to Luigi's or Clancy's because I can park for free and
walk right in vs heading to cookman?