I spoke to the city. There is employee parking on Lake Ave and it is at reduced
cost. You cant please all the people all of the time. Maybe tweaks are needed,
but one of the rationale of having paid parking on Cookman et al, was to get a
handle on actually how much parking is needed. When it was free, the streets
were jammed and suggested that a substantial amount of parking was needed. That
is obviously not the case. Also, I have been told that when it was free, there
were quite a number of folks from Ocean Grove who parked here for free and took
the railroad. So yes a work in progress and the city, merchants and employees
will have to work it out. BTW, I never even saw anyone in the Fitness store.