From: "oakdorf" <oakd...@yahoo.com>
Sender: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 17:06:39
To: <AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [AsburyPark] How much should drinks cost these days....?

Curious. Is it me just getting old or what or are expenses so high with liquor?

the other night, I met my wife and daughter at Sirena in LB (same as stella
etc).

House wine: $11 per glass

the other night, I got home late and my daughter said hey dad, let's get out
and go get a burger, lets try Ivan's since we haven't gone there...

Great burger ($5) for me with a Sam Adams Oktoberfest, she had a steak sandwich
and salad and no drink. Bill came and I glanced at it.

$7.00 for a draft of Sam Adams? I had to ask if that was right. Told it was.

Glad I only had one. The guy next to me said the reg beers are $3. I think
that's what he said. I guess I have to check them out at happy hour. I figured
Monday night football... cheap guys night out.

I don't know. I was in NYC the past two days and don't think my bar tabs were
that.

A couple years ago, I got past the $4 per beer point, then $5, then $6 for
"premium".

Paying $11 for a glass of $9 per bottle of wine...

I got shafted a few weeks ago in a retirement village. It said a pint  of beer.
I know if I drank a pint, I'd be, well feeling it. The plastic cup was a 12oz
cup. My wife said don't say anything. $5.

But I did. The waitress told me "that's our pint cup..."

I'm just putting this out there because I want to see all these places make it
and not a place to come to for just "special" nights.

At least the parking was free.