Thanks for an interesting discussion. I have worked for non-profits and done
many things to help the poor. (I am low-income myself, at least right now.) I
guess I should volunteer more-is that why you posted the United Way link?

According to their website, the Jersey Shore Rescue Mission does take women
too. :) Good thing, since it's the only shelter around, now that the the Fort
is closed.

http://jsrescue.org/

I guess my point is that the changes on the east side don't seem to be helping
the west side-crime, etc. I know the economy is bad but it bothers me, and
makes me feel less safe walking around alone in Asbury.

-heather