This is astonishing!  Back in 1953, I was every bit of 9 years old.
I had seen headlines in the 2 dailies in my hometown.  Actually 4.
The Times, the Picayune, the States and The Item, which became the
Times-Picayune and the evening States-Item.

Even as a child, I had great compassion for Jewish and Japanese
people for the indignities they suffered at the hands of the Nazis
and the Japanese held in the American version of concentration camps.

Segregation was the Law of the land in all Southern States after
Reconstruction.  The piece published here is but a reminder of how other ethnic
groups were ostracized and through no fault of their
own, the victims of the "Red" witch hunts of the McCarthy era.

If you innocently had the same last name as the Rosenbergs, you were
labeled "part of the problem".  Another slant on stereotypes that label,
ostracize and exclude you, damage any reputation you had and instant firings
before the true facts were in.

For People of Color, the stereotypes range from being pulled over
for no reason, housing, job discrimination and being in the wrong place at the
wrong time can and does get you killed.

I know of no other group, that is so discriminated against and the
good suffer for the bad.  I honor and respect The Jewish Faith and
it's people because Jesus was a Jew.  Before we became Christians
I was a Jew by the practices we follow in the Old Testament.

I recently found members of my family as far back as 1824, who
were residents of Manhatten before they moved South.  Louis Meyer
was a shop keeper in NYC, whose son Albert, was the father of my
grandfather Eugene, my father's Dad.  Don't know when they crossed
the "color" line, but they did, which accounts for the
way I look, etc.  We are all mixed up here and everywhere else.
We should respect everyone and keep a watchful for those who
trample on our civil liberties, as was done in the 50's.  Great
piece of History.  Thanks!