The bishops bleed blue and black, it's team spirit i guess.

We can't take away from the fact that these kids get a crappy education and
crappy school management, the one thing they do well is football.    You
could have taken that money and thrown it into the school but it would have
just been misappropriated anyway and none of the kids would have benefited.
 At least this way the handful that work hard for something (even if it's
sport) benefit.  If they're required to go to school and keep up their
grades to play maybe it will encourage others.