From: "wernerapnj" <wernera...@yahoo.com>
Sender: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 11:39:15
To: <AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [AsburyPark] Re: How others see Asbury Park....

Is participation in athletics contingent upon maintaining a set standard of
academic performance ?

I would think that is the case - sports should be a reward for good grades.

However I cant help but wonder how the sports performance can be so good and
the academic performance so bad... perhaps there is no such requirement ?

If that is the case - then that is the root of the problem -

Astro-Turf, Blue Paint and a (bastardized) historic stadium is not the solution.

My vision - CLOSE THE HIGH SHOOL - send the students to adjacent high schools.

Re-open the building as a Regional Vocational Education Center..

Automotive, Building Trades, Culinary (already exists), Arts, Law, Sports,
Business.... etc.

This would be a magnet location for all of Monmouth County and the 'reward' for
performing well at local High Schools.

The State $$$ currently being spent would be put to better use in this
direction.

Werner