for a country like India where majority of population is  young, we cannot
leave  sports away from nation building .

I agree there is corruption , poor planning and execution for these games but
we have to also keep in mind India has never hosted a world class event . Asian
games was held during an era which is completely different then present day
India. We need to learn from this experience and aim even higer ---- Absolutely
why not OLYMPICS now .....

Commonwealth Games 2010 is expected to result in an overall economic impact of
USD 4,940 million on India's GDP during a period of four years ending 2012 and
create an employment opportunity close to 24.7 lakh.
read-
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/cwg-impact/691826/