Adding to what Jonathan said, if you use the string shown below for
your search argument you'll get a list of about 215 pubs:

z/OS V1R9 MVS

Most, but not all, of the pubs are available as PDFs.  Some are only
in Bookmanger format (these are .BOO files).  The IBM softcopy
reader for Microsoft Windows or the Java based softcopy reader (for
Microsoft Windows and Linux) would be needed to read the various
BOO files.

If I remember correctly, the softcopy reader for Microsoft Windows
was produced in executable format (the 16:16 virtual addressing
scheme) which hasn't been supported in Microsoft Windows for quite
some time (I think the last version which supported this was the
32-bit version of Windows 7).  None of the 64-bit variants of
Microsoft Windows have ever supported the 16:16 virtual addressing
scheme.

The URL shown below provides a very brief description of the Java
based softcopy reader:

https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/ibm-softcopy-reader

The URL shown below gets you to a site from which the Java based
softcopy reader for Microsoft Windows can be downloaded:

https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/ibm-softcopy-reader-windows-v40-0

The URL shown below has a description of the process for installing
the Java based softcopy reader on Linux:

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.3.0?topic=isrrhlp-installing-from-online-library-collection-kit-cd-rom-linux

I do not know from which IBM site the Linux version (ilrjaval.tgz)
can be fetched.  If you would like, I can place the content of the
ilrjava directory as found on the z/OS V1R8 "Tools" CD (from the IBM
SK3T-4269-17 Collection) on a site such as Dropbox for you; let me
know.

Bob Raicer