On 07/22/05 11:56:37, Michael Giagnocavo wrote:
Well, I'm not sure where you are going in Central America, but I'm
sure that
A: you know that SIP has a lesser probability of working in CA, and B:
the
telcos are quite vicious on any bypass termination.

IAX2 allows you to operate much more covertly (apart from all its
other
benefits).

So, you should probably weigh that into your decision, assuming you
don't
have a telco license in your target country (or having explicit help
from
someone who does).

-Michael

Does passing an iax2 trunk through a VPN or ssh tunnel cause a noticeable latency hit?

Regards,
Herman