Hello list,

We are going to build and deploy telephony-system for approx ~1000 users with ASTERISK as main PBX.I was googling through this mailing list and found a lot of useful information.Some of my questions solved ,some other are still on agenda.Below I will formulate short questions that are still unanswered:

1. What are pros and cons of using SER with ASTERISK ?
2. Should we place SER as a registar server or only as a load balancer (or maybe both) ? 3. What hardware SIP phones are known to work flawlessly in production system with ~1000 users, and where can we buy this amount of phones with the best possible discount ? More about features of those phones please. 4. What hardware (ram,cpu , ... etc etc) should be used in a such environment to make ASTERISK happy ? 5. What if we run ASTERISK on FreeBSD instead of Linux ? Cons and pros please.

Thank you,

Tofik Suleymanov