On Mar 23, 2004, at 8:27 AM, Stephen Davies wrote:

My conclusion - spandsp seems to have a compatibility issue with
tiff-3.6.1.  (Unless my install approach was broken).  And - you may
want to make the two missing header files available for more than just
3.5.7 of libtiff.

Running gentoo here also, and flawlessly. I think you are right about that involving libtiff.
I'm running 3.5.7-r1, but I changed the ebuild. If you change the ebuild from make ... install to
make ... install-private, you get the headers you need (it's in the function src_install).

Anyway that's my 2 cents,

Jeb Campbell