hi nick!

thanks for the explanations, that makes it a bit more transparent how you
figure that stuff out...

On Monday 17 December 2007 15:02:05 Nick Kossifidis wrote:
> Bruno can you redo this dump with 802.11b link (CCK) ? It might be
> easier to spot what these registers do (and verify if i'm right about
> the part that disables ofdm weak signal detection).

sure! here you go:
http://br1.einfach.org/ath/ani2.tgz

- traces of a 5212 in b and g mode. it also includes traces from 5414 in all
modes (a, b, g). all done in adhoc mode using the current HAL (0.9.30.13).

please bear in mind that turning ANI on and off has resulted in different
experiences in different setups: turning it *off*, i.e. no ANI has been
reported to work very well and improve thruput in point-to-point links in a
countryside environment, and also in my lab tests using 2 nodes next to each
other thruput increases (11M -> 20M).

other people report that turning ANI *off* results in bad performance in urban
and multihop environments, especially with omnidirectional antennas.
that kind of makes sense, but it's not really clear (yet?) what the other
factors are. in any case it would be good to have the option to use ANI or
not.

bruno