2008/6/3 William Usher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi Developers,
> I'm working with a group at UMass on a protocol to replace TCP on wireless
> mesh networks (http://lass.cs.umass.edu/~mingli/hop/ , if you're
> interested). We have the protocol working on 802.11g with the madwifi
> drivers, but we are trying to get it to run at 802.11n speeds.
>
> From what I've read on the website, there is not going to be support for
> 802.11n in madwifi, only in ath5k. It also appears that there is not yet
> support for 802.11n for any chipset in ath5k.
>
> So my question is, can anyone give me an idea of when 802.11n will be
> supported on any chipset? We have one 11n card (info below) in the lab, but
> getting different cards is not a problem.

It's difficult to tell, needs a lot of work to be done and there are
other issues we should fix first on
cards we already support. Atheros said something about providing a
mac80211 driver for AR5416
but we have nothing from them yet.

> Also, if 11n support is a while off in ath5k, could anyone recommend another
> card/driver that does support 11n.

Intel cards should work fine as far as i know (haven't tested them),
there is also some work being
done for Broadcom cards.

--
GPG ID: 0xD21DB2DB
As you read this post global entropy rises. Have Fun ;-)