Quoting Nick Kossifidis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I uploaded a compat-wireless snapshot with only ath5k enabled...
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mickflemm/compat-wireless-2008-07-03-ath5k.tar.bz2
>
> Check it out and see how it goes ;-)

Nick, considering that all complaints are about the build system and
there are now complaints about the driver (apart from the range issues
not specific to the chipset), I think we should try to get the changes
into 2.6.27.

The merge window is still open.  The only problem is that
wireless-testing stops taking patches for 2.6.27 when 2.6.26 is
released.  But if the patch is short, we could get an exception.

The beacon stuff needs to be undone just to get the driver to compile
with wireless-testing.  I tried to remove some other stuff, but I
think it would be better if you try it.  The shorter the patch, the
better are the chances for 2.6.27.  It would be a pity to miss it,
considering that AR5007 gets so much attention.  Linux 2.6.27 could be
the kernel that supports Asus EEE PC.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin