While waiting for help this is what I found:
/linux-2.6.27.6/drivers/net/wireless/ath5k/ath5k.h

/* Set this to 1 to disable regulatory domain restrictions for channel tests.
 * WARNING: This is for debuging only and has side effects (eg. scan takes too
 * long and results timeouts). It's also illegal to tune to some of the
 * supported frequencies in some countries, so use this at your own risk,
 * you've been warned. */
#define CHAN_DEBUG      0

But even setting CHAN_DEBUG to 1 I still get 11 channels.

      Unisciti alla community di Io fotografo e video, il nuovo corso di
fotografia di Gazzetta dello sport:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/iofotografoevideo