Hello,

In previous threat titled "setting RSSI to 0 equivalent to CS off?"
Sandeep Kakumanu has tried to disable carrier sensing. He was trying to
  modify the value of AR5K_TUNE_RSSI_THRES to achieve that. He used the
AR5K_TUNE_RSSI_THRES, which is later used to set AR5K_RSSI_THR register
(address 0x8018) in reset.c. However, in legacy-hal code the register
with address 0x8018 seams to be used as RSSI warning register, since it
is defined as follows:

#define AR_RSSI_THR                     0x8018  /* MAC RSSI warning &
missed beacon threshold */

Therefore, I presume that in fact register 0x8018 (called as AR_RSSI_THR
in legacy-hal and as AR5K_RSSI_THR in ath5k) is not used to set CS
threshold.

My question is: is there any other register responsible for setting the
CS threshold? Or is the carrier sensing controlled by the registers and
mechanisms related to ANI patent?

Regards,
Karol