On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Paride Legovini
<legov...@spiro.fisica.unipd.it> wrote:
> But when I try to generate some traffic I noticed the led is not well
> behaving. So I tried to turn off the RX trigger:
>
> r...@moth:/sys/class/leds/ath5k-phy0::rx# echo none > trigger
>
> This sounds strange, is seems that something is handling the tx and rx
> event differently. Do you have any ideas?

On the TX side, the LED is turned on when queued and turned off when
transmitted.  On the RX side, every other packet toggles the LED
(see net/mac80211/led.c).  It's pretty sub-optimal; better would be
to start a timer the way other drivers (iirc b43, iwlwifi) already
do.  I think this should live in mac80211, not the driver though.

> Little off topic: I see in gpio.c that there is some support for an
> RFKill gpio interrupt. Is this supposed to work? The kill switch does
> nothing on my system.

Not yet, on the todo list for someone who wants it and has a kill
switch :)

> 03:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Atheros Communications Inc. AR5212
> 802.11abg NIC [168c:1014] (rev 01)
>        Subsystem: IBM ThinkPad 11a/b/g Wireless LAN Mini Express
>                Adapter (AR5BXB6) [1014:058a]
>        Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 17
>        Memory at edf00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
>        Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
>        Capabilities: [50] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit-
>                Queue=0/0 Enable-
>        Capabilities: [60] Express Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
>        Capabilities: [90] MSI-X: Enable- Mask- TabSize=1
>        Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting <?>
>        Capabilities: [140] Virtual Channel <?>
>        Kernel driver in use: ath5k_pci
>        Kernel modules: ath5k
>
> The system is a Thinkpad X60s.

Excellent, thank you.  I'll send patch tonight or tomorrow... I want
to take the opportunity to replace the big set of if() statements
with an array and have a way to specify rfkill gpios too.

Also, as Maxim suggested, I may cook up a patch to expose the gpios as
a debug file.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com