On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Paride Legovini
>> Darn, we already have a quirk for 168c:1014 (also in madwifi).  We could say
>> the subsystem overrides the device I guess, but who knows whose setups that
>> would break.
>
> I can confirm the led is not working with madwifi too, unless I set
> dev.wifi0.ledpin=1 via sysctl. This is a known workaround for some
> Thinkpads:
>
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkPad_11a/b/g_Wireless_LAN_Mini_Express_Adapter
>
> Assuming that the current configuration (ledpin=0 for AR5212) is right
> for at least some systems, I hope there is a clean way to fix this.
> Trying to guess: maybe something changed when AR5212 were adapted to the
> Mini PCI Express interface.
>
> I there's the need, I can test stuff on my system.
> Let me know.

Perhaps Luis has some input...

Background: madwifi + ath5k hard code led pin 0 for IBM 5212s, whereas
some thinkpads want it on pin 1.

We're setting gpios for LEDs (and eventually rfkill) mostly by trial
and error.  Does Atheros happen to know which laptops/chipsets use which
pins, or is it completely up to the OEM?  Should this just be configurable
via sysfs or modparam?

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com