Hi,

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:16:17AM +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:

> > > It's in wireless-testing, it just hasn't made it through the pipeline yet.
> >
> > Just installed -rc8; would be truly sad to see this really small
> > but important patch (several million machines) not included in .29 proper...
> > (or would it later get merged via .29 -stable? Then I'm fine with it...)
>
> I don't think "my LED doesn't blink" really counts as important...

Given that "NOTHING" (*) worked initially with this machine
which has been sold a couple million times, one could have the opinion
that ANY newly working component whatsoever counts...

Thanks,

Andreas Mohr

*):
- SD-card hotplug suspend/resume lockup
- SD-card filesystem _corruption_ after resume
- microphone in most cases not working due to suspected ALSA lib bug
- General Intel-HDA codec dodginess such as randomly toggling
  high noise level in speakers etc.
- X.org wrong dpi issues (now fixed, thanks!)
- X.org i915 suspend/resume lockup / VT switch issues (about to be fixed)
- ath5k suspend/resume issues (fixed)
- ath5k noise level calibration issues (fixed?)
- NetworkManager catastrophy (ongoing nerve corruption)
- libata performance loss down to UDMA/33 upon resume (fixed, (semi-)personally)
- Intel firmware module suspend/resume lockup (fixed, semi-personally)
- non-supported WLAN LED (would-be-fixed, semi-personally)
- flexible fan control not supported in-kernel (support in progress,
  thanks a lot!)
- suspected non-optimal SSD I/O scheduler support
- several very annoying CUPS non-working print issues,
  including an entirely locking-up interfacing to _ALL_ [suspected]
  HP JetDirect servers, whether builtin or not (fixed, semi-personally)
- and probably several others... (e.g. Ubuntu userspace bugs)

See also LKML monster thread "Bugs on aspire one A150"...