Hi,

I've asked elsewhere but I can't seem to find an answer.

Is it possible to lock an ath5k managed interface into 802.11b mode?

MadWifi-NG allows this with "iwpriv ath0 mode 11b" but, of course, there's
no equivalent in ath5k.

I looked at the hardware initialization and it seems to be that we could
simply initialize the hardware AR5K_PHY_MODE_MOD to use set AR5K-PHY_MODE
CCK and AT_PHY_MODE_MOD_DYN to 0. I'm a tad worried because the rate control
won't know that we're using 11b only rates and the rate selection would
likely stuff up. So what else should I look at changing? Is there a better
way?

Steve

--
The highest human happiness is not the exploitation of the present but the
preparation of the future.