On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 11:46 PM, Derek Smithies<de...@indranet.co.nz> wrote:
>  Launching a tasklet from the interrupt to handle a INT_DTIM interrupt is
> wrong. You see, for a modern laptop, it will be ok most of the time.
> But, for the embedded land with hundred mhz processors, launching a tasklet
> is too slow.

But tasklets get called immediately after the hard irq (the irq handler
actually calls the tasklet as the last thing).  So I don't think it makes much
difference, especially if you are using power-save mode where by definition no
other IRQs are going to be interrupting the tasklet.

There's always tasklet_hi_schedule.  The benefit is it makes irq processing
much simpler.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com