On Wednesday 26 May 2010 19:07:40 Arnd Hannemann wrote:
> FWI: I believe this whole regulatory framework is pretty broken in 2.6.34
> If I associate with a 802.11g accesspoint with one NIC , I'm not allowed
> to use 802.11a on my other NIC at all.
cfg80211 regulatory is broken in 2.6.34 if you have more than one card,
I reported it back in March, but didn't get any reply:
http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-ath5k-devel/2010/3/25/6885753

Your problem might be different, but in my case sometimes CRDA replied to the
first card's request after second card was detected, and cfg80211 calculated
an intersection of the returned regdomain with default (world) regdomain on
the other card so I lost the ETSI channels on the first card (sometimes even
first two cards, it was completely random).

Unfortunately I didn't have the time for a real fix (the regulatory stuff is
quite complex), I had to just comment out the intersection to get it working.

Lukas Turek