Hello,

I've been following this thread closely for some time as I have exactly
the same experience with my Acer Aspire One (AR5001 card):

03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR5001 Wireless
Network Adapter (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Foxconn International, Inc. Device e008
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
        Capabilities: [50] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit- Queue=0/0
Enable-
                Address: 00000000  Data: 0000
        Capabilities: [60] Express (v1) Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
                DevCap: MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <512ns,
L1 <64us
                        ExtTag- AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE- FLReset-
                DevCtl: Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal-
Unsupported-
                        RlxdOrd+ ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
                        MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 512 bytes
                DevSta: CorrErr+ UncorrErr+ FatalErr+ UnsuppReq+ AuxPwr-
TransPend-
                LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Latency
L0 <512ns, L1 <64us
                        ClockPM- Suprise- LLActRep- BwNot-
                LnkCtl: ASPM L0s L1 Enabled; RCB 128 bytes Disabled- Retrain-
CommClk+
                        ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
                LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+
DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
        Capabilities: [90] MSI-X: Enable- Mask- TabSize=1
                Vector table: BAR=0 offset=00000000
                PBA: BAR=0 offset=00000000
        Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting <?>
        Capabilities: [140] Virtual Channel <?>
        Kernel driver in use: ath5k
        Kernel modules: ath5k

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 15:20 +0900, Bruno Randolf wrote:

> how do you transmit the data again? i would like to make sure the duplicates
> are really introduced by ath5k, and not seen in the air.
This does not happen with my 2 other laptops:
05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR5001 Wireless
Network Adapter (rev 01)
        Subsystem: AMBIT Microsystem Corp. Device 0428

Usually this happens when a continuous block of data is transmitted,
i.e. during deb packages updates via http.
When corruption happens this is accompanied by
[  469.663234] ath5k phy0: unsupported jumbo
[  469.935929] ath5k phy0: unsupported jumbo

> for that it could be helpful to capture the whole session with wireshark from
> a third wireless card in monitor mode and see if there are any irregularities
> in the packets seen in the "air" (maybe sth. like retries). i know this is a
> lot of data and it will be hard to track the duplicate packet, but maybe you
> can find something in it, like a special bitpattern which you could use to
> search for in wireshark.
Will try to do this as well. Currently it looks like something
card/vendor/revision specific thing as I have tested broadcom bc43-based
cards and two atheros (AMBIT Microsysystem / 0428) cards in the same
environment w/o any issues.

Additionally the network is protected by WPA2 PSK and nevertheless the
data gets modified in transit, it is not being noticed at TCP level and
in case there is no checksum verification then it is pretty hard to
notice that this has actually happened.

In my case i noticed that something is wrong during system upgrade where
dpkg complained about checksum mismatch.

--
Roman Yepishev <roman.yepis...@errormessaging.com>