On Saturday 29 May 2010 05:27:56 Pavel Roskin wrote:
> If we need to add GPL code to ath5k, it could go to a separate file.
> But if that separation becomes inconvenient, we could drop BSD
> compatibility from ath5k.  I don't see any benefit from dual licensing,
> unless some existing ath5k contributors are BSD developers who would
> stop working on the code in case of relicensing, but I don't think it's
> the case.

afaik, one of the reasons for the dual license is that *BSDs (our ancestors
from a ath5k point of view) should be able to benefit from improvements we
make. this applies mostly to atheros chipset related things, and is irrelevant
for linux-only implementation specifics.

also we can mix BSD and GPL in one file - see debug.c

bruno